Sick of inventing / writing hashtags all the time?
What about an app to do the job for you?
So you’re a fan of short-form blogging. Instagram is short – nothing shorter than a picture and a quirky caption, right?
Instagram is popular because it’s quick – for readers and writers alike.
Hashtags are popular too. For readers, ‘tags help them discover new content on all their favourite topics. Hashtags are popular for bloggers because they can attract the right readers their way by applying these ‘tags.
Hashtagging can be a pain in the ass though. It takes time to think up, write and insert them… but not anymore.
I’ve found a phone app that does all the heavy lifting with just a flick of a finger! Racks of hashtags appear in less than a second!
Here’s how it works:
- Import the photo into the Autohash app.
- Let the app analyse the image.
- HASHTAGS appear like magic!
- Share with Instagram, Pinterest or any app you like.
Note how it recognized a silhouette?
What about people, activities, buildings and animals? Here are some other examples:
There are some other things of note:
- The Autohash App includes it’s own tag.
- It requires Internet access while analyzing images
- It can also include location tags (when GPS is on.)
- Sometimes it gets things wrong.
- Spelling favors (not favours) American English.
Nine times out of ten, it works fine. With a small manual adjustment after the analyzing is over, rectifying mistakes or adding/deleting tags is easy.
- Use well-known names or already-trending hashtags only.
- Don’t make up hashtags. ie; #imtoolazytocare or #kickedyourassmofo
- Share over multiple platforms. (There are apps that do this automatically)
- Consider including similar tags in one post like #favours & #favors ; #travelling & #traveling
- Consider using plurals and singulars. ie; #dog #dogs
There ya go.
With a few things kept in mind, tagging should be made easier by using one of my favourite apps: Autohash.