It’s Pinteresting times for Noir literature!
I’ve been Pinteresting for several years. The first pin I stuck up was around four years ago. It was for my book and it was a JPEG version of its cover. I’ve now around 5000 pins out there cycling around the Pinterest world, many of them dedicated to noir, the genre I write for. It’s ironic that an image-based social site can attract so many readers to a text-driven web-site… but it works.
I’ve a Noir board simply titled ‘Noir’. If I see an image with a dark element about it, it’s goes onto that board. Every so often, I’ll stick an image on that board with the title of my book/s on it or an picture of me to let people know what I do. The attached link comes right to my home-site.
There are several boards I’ve created and each are connected to a major element of the writing. (with an exception to a few)
Pinteresting Related Content:
- Storms – SEETHINGS and HEAR THINGS contains storms, emotional and literal.
- Photography – SEETHINGS has photography as part of it’s narrative.
- Seduction – Sex makes up a big part of both novels.
- Affairs – Sex with strangers is a far more interesting read, don’t you think?
- Sailing – HEAR THINGS takes noir onto the water.
- Moreton Island – HEAR THINGS spends quite some time here.
- Hacking – My protagonist hacks into phones and computers.
- Novel – A closer look at the novels.
Pinteresting Unrelated Content:
- Cats – I like cats.
- Earth images – I love great scenery!
- Bags – Margo’s fantastic sewing interests. (My partner loves to make bags)
So, check them out. Enjoy my very Pinteresting images. Get a feel for what my books and I’m about by sampling them. Re-pin them as you like, especially those with the book’s titles or myself on them.
– Michael Forman (author)
P.S. Here’s a sample: